You may be self-conscious about your facial look if you have round, plump, or chubby cheeks. Some people are OK with the fat layer above their cheekbones, but if the fat extends to the lower area of the cheeks and the jawline, it can have a negative impact on your self-esteem.
There are various ways for slimming down your face features and creating a more defined, sculpted appearance. Buccal fat reduction operations aim to slim down your cheeks by removing excess fatty tissue. This gives your face more definition and may even increase your self-esteem.
Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of buccal fat reduction procedures:
How Does Buccal Fat Be Removed?
Buccal fat removal operations are usually done in a cosmetic surgeon's office or an outpatient facility and take less than an hour to complete. Because the surgeon will be making a large incision between the cheek and gums, you will be given local anaesthetic to help you feel less pain. The fat is removed by gently pressing under the cheekbone; the fat protrudes through the incision, which the surgeon can then remove with forceps. If there is an excessive quantity of fat around the jawline, the surgeon may do a mini-liposuction procedure to remove it.
The surgeon seals the wounds and drapes the face in bandages after removing the right quantity of fat. The incision site will leave a scar, but it will heal in a few weeks or months and become less apparent.
Buccal Fat Removal's Key Advantages
Buccal fat removal can be a good alternative to facial liposuction, and it can produce remarkable effects in some circumstances. While decreasing weight can help some people lower the size of their cheeks, others may not perceive a difference in their facial appearance after losing weight since the fatty tissue has become a stubborn deposit trapped beneath the skin. Buccal fat reduction has a number of advantages, including:
- Individuals who are of ordinary weight and desire to seem more shaped
- Enhancing one's looks without having to undergo significant surgery
- Sculpting a more defined and sculpted appearance
- Boosting self-esteem
- Creating a more mature appearance
While buccal fat removal methods have some advantages, they also come with significant dangers and negative effects. These are some of them:
- Excessive scarring risk
- Infection danger (common with any type of surgery)
- Unbalanced appearance – the face can appear unbalanced if the surgeon removes too much or too little fat.
- Damage to adjacent tissues is a possibility, which is heightened if the physician performs facial liposuction as part of the treatment.
- Slow recovery period – depending on the type of incision used, you may have a visible scar for several weeks or months after surgery.
To figure out if you're a good candidate for a facial sculpting surgery or want to know the buccal fat removal cost, speak with a cosmetic surgeon in your region.